Sunday, 24 August 2008

its up to me to not whack my own thumb

I have hit the wall recently, like an olympian marathon runner it has all just gotten to much and I cant go on. Quiting poker seriously crossed my mind recently and I was on the verge of doing it cashing out around $500 of my $800 roll.

Fortunately for CCers I have rethought, or should I say unfortunately seeing as though I am now going to end up pawning them in CC events! Just kidding im not that good.

I have decided once again, that my discipline is not enough for strenous cash game grinds, I simply do not have the concentration span to sit there playing 20 tables of 25nl for hours upon hours every month, I instead prefer the thrill of going deep in tournies and having 'it all on the river' to see if I can win big or go home with a min cash.

I intend to play pretty much turbo SNGs and a range of MTTs mostly the $4 when I have time but otherwise the 9 18 and 45 man sngs will be my home. I really want to progress my poker game upto something that resembles a decent winrate and this is the best way I know how.

My SNG game was always very good, right from when I first started playing play chips I played SNGs because it offered the oppourtunity to make the most play chips the fastest via the 80k SNGs and I think i should carry that over to my real play now where I have had realtively good succes over my low volume of 1200 or so sngs.

I really fell a new invigoration for poke and am a bit more determined to make it succesful especiall as the christmas holidays approach and I intend to play aroun 500 SNGs a week at a decent level so as to be earning over $1000 a week which is phenominal for me who has never been payed anything more than $12.50 and hour or minimum fucking wage.

i couldnt give a crap at how cliche i am about to sound but it is really soo true especially in my case; I have been given all the fucking tolls you would ever nedd, its up to me to not whack my own thumb and make something really fucking awesome!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing those experience. I like to share some tips to improve the game. Don't Bluff Just For Bluffing's Sake
A lot of beginner's understand that bluffing is a part of poker, but not exactly how. There's is NO rule that one must bluff a certain amount or at all during a poker game, but many players don't feel like they've won unless they've tried a poker bluff. Bluffs only work in certain situations & against certain people, and if you know a player always calls to the showdown, it is literally impossible to bluff that player. It's better never to bluff than to bluff "just to bluff."

Game, poker, online poker, online game